I love trying new body oils, creams and lotions. On my instastories, I was sharing a few of my favorite body creams and lotions and I thought “I should just make a post about it”.
The winter can be so drying to the skin. No matter how much lotion you put on in the mornings, if you don’t have a great moisturizer, you still feel dry by the end of the day. It is important to look for creams and oils that are long lasting throughout the day, have a great consistency and hydrates the skin. A bonus is when the moisturizer smell great without irritating the skin. I use these lotions on a daily basis, especially in the winter season. They are not in any particular order because I might love all these products equally.
- Shea Moisture coconut & hibiscus body butter– it smells and feels amazing. It is thick and extra smoothing. It also lasts all day without constantly reapplying it. You can find this body cream at Target, Walmart or Walgreens. This body butter runs out quickly by my house, so I usually by a few at a time.
- Body shop coconut body butter- I use this product as a daily moisturizer after I get out the shower in the mornings. It is not very thick but has a great consistency. It also smells good as well. This lotion is perfect for someone with oily or combination skin because of the texture.
- Nars Monoi body oil– I loveee this body oil, not only does it make your skin feel so soft but it also smells amazing. It comes with a real Tiare flower which ensures the fragrance last in each bottle. This body oil can be used as a massage oil and can be replaced wearing a perfume in the daytime. A little goes a long way.
- L’Occitane Wonderful Jazmin melting butter – it is a Lavender Shea butter that literally melts in your skin. This body butter lasts all day long and really leaves your skin smooth and hydrated. I recommend applying this cream at night because it is a heavier consistency.
- Crabtree &Evelyn Caribbean Island Wild Flowers- it is an ultra-moisturizing hand therapy. It is a thicker lotion but it leaves your hands feeling soft. It comes in different scents but I like a nice flower scent at times. This scent is strong but not overpowering like other floral scents.
What is your favorite moisturizer/oil?