Hello My Lovely Readers!
This is week 3 of being quarantined in the house with my little princess. I would have to say that it is bittersweet. I get to stay home and watch Naomi grow right in front of my eyes. She is doing so many new things! It gets hard sometimes because I have to work from home and we do not get to go anywhere but I love spending time with her.
Since I am home all day, following a schedule has been even more important than before.Each time I visited the doctor, I left with a packet of tips and milestones that I should watch for as my baby develops. I read the packets from cover to cover to learn information. Inside that packet it had very helpful tips about creating a bedtime routine. In our house bedtime is very important because it establishes a routine and a consistent schedule. I am fortunate and blessed to say that Naomi has been sleeping through the night, in her crib from a young age. I did not struggle with getting enough rest for very long and now that she is 10 months old, creating a consistent bedtime routine has become even easier.
This schedule has been great for us and this has worked well for our family. Every child is different but this is what helped our child. I am sharing this information to give you ideas for anyone who is struggling and don’t know where to start.
I get home from work around 4:30pm when I went to work everyday. Although I am working from home I still follow this schedule closely:
- I change Naomi’s diaper and get her out of the daycare clothes.
- I change my clothes
- relax for a little while before starting dinner. I usually play with her toys or watch a show on TV
- Cook dinner around 5-5:30
- Between 5:30 and 5:45pm feed Naomi a bottle ( depending on the last time she ate at daycare)
- Wait 15-20 minutes and feed her dinner I cooked
- Hang out, play with toys
- Between 7-7:30 give Naomi her bath
- put her in pajamas
- twist her hair (add coconut oil to it)
- Read a story
- Sleep between 7:30, 8pm the latest
- Put on the Hatch nightlight while she sleeps with white noise sound or waves.
This schedule really works our for us! She sleeps through the night and wakes up between 6-6:15am in the morning. If you would like to know her morning routine, let me know in the comments below!