I do not like being in the kitchen! Cooking does not come naturally to me and I don’t often enjoy the process. I love the eating part but the steps to getting there are not relaxing to me. First the prep and the cleanup, by the time I enjoy my food I am exhausted. I also set high standards when it comes to cooking. My mom is an amazing caterer who does not even have to think when it comes to cooking. It is pure talent she has. When I cook I measure every portion to make sure it’s perfect while my mom dashes a little bit here or there and it comes out amazing!
As I become closer to becoming a mom I realize that eating out all the time is not always the best choice financially or very healthy. Also, street food can get tiring and all you crave is a nice home cooked meal. I use a few tips to get me going in the kitchen that I wanted to share with anyone who feels that same way about a kitchen lol.
1. Keep it simple- your meal does not always have to be elaborate. Prepare something that is easy and does not require a lot of prep sometimes my husband and I have a baked potato, a veggie burger or tacos. Not every meal have to be fancy and time-consuming.
2. Tag team– get your partner in the kitchen to help you! Maybe he can cut while you cook or he washes dishes since you cooked. Cooking is a lot of work so if you are both eating then get help!
3. Try a new recipe- this sometimes gets me up and in the kitchen because I am excited to try something new. I look on Pinterest for inspiration or call my mom. Buying a cookbook helps as well!
4. Play music or TV– this can be a tricky one because if you don’t pay attention you may burn the food lol! I find that music or my favorite tv show makes the time move a lot faster in the kitchen!
5. Make something fun- food like pizza from scratch is a fun date night activity plus dinner is quickly finished. Making breakfast for dinner can also be fun or have a cookoff competition!
dress-Urban Outfitters//boots-Steve Madden
I am not the best cook but I do have some main dishes that I do well at! I try my best and that is what counts!