I am sure you have seen many bloggers post about their Fall staple outfits. Luckily, there isn’t a set of rules on what the national staple outfits should be in Autumn. Fashion staples are important pieces that you need to have in your wardrobe. In this post I am going to write about Fall staple pieces that are in my closet. You may have a different set of staple pieces but the important thing is that you do have one. Maybe these tips will come in handy when shopping for your staple wardrobe!
When Fall comes around, I start to sort through my summer clothes and pick out items that are good transition pieces for cooler weather. I love wearing booties and not having to buy a pair every year. That is why it is important to invest in items that you can wear over again!
When I think about Fall the colors that come to mind are hunter green, burnt orange, or mustard yellow but I also seem to gravitate towards black. Black is very versatile and I think it is a great color for Fall too. When searching for your staple wardrobe, look through your closet and figure out what colors you need to spruce up your fall collection. It does not have to be expensive but find clothing that is versatile and can be paired with many different items in your closet.
Here are my top Fall wardrobe staples:
1. Black booties- everyone needs a good black pair of booties, that are great quality. I have had these booties in the picture above for about 2-3 years. They are real leather suede which means they are durable. Invest in boots, trust me you will save money at the end.
2. Felt or wool hat- it is cute with just about anything. You can wear it with a casual outfit such as jeans and a tee or with a more statement dressy piece. All in all Fall hats make an outfit really shine.
3. Cozy Sweater- a sweater is a must all for Fall. Whether it is an oversized sweater, a fuzzy cozy sweater or just a cardigan; you can’t go wrong with a sweater. This furry sweater is one of my favorite fall pieces I own. It is oversized and cozy. I wear it with leggings and a t-shirt at home; but I have also worn them with a cute cocktail dress to a family function.
4. Tights- using tights when the weather gets cooler is the perfect transition item for a summer dress to Fall. Even adding a pop of colorful tights can spruce up your wardrobe.
5. Black bottoms- whether it is leggings, black jeans or jumpsuit/pants, having a good black fall outfit will never go out of style and can be paired with many items in your closet. Black is known for looking chic. Look for items that have a thicker material and is conducive for cooler weather.