A girl like me from Chicago is sure excited to see Spring! I have to admit that winter this year has not been so bad but I am ready for beautiful weather. The type of weather where you wear light jackets, skirts without tights, and dresses that blow in the breeze .
Sometimes it can be a little confusing figuring out what to wear in the spring. The weather fluctuates causing you to over dress or under dress . Hopefully my tips can make your transition smooth as you have fun with your fashion.
- A pop of color- gradually get out of the dark greens and burgundy and wear a bright color. Either add a pop of color from a pair of shoes or accessary. You can also wear a dark bottom and a bright top or vice versa. Look for colors such as pink, yellow orange etc.
- Add a Jacket: Spring is when it is warm enough to dress lighter but not quite warm enough to go without a coat. Light jackets are a great way to spice up an outfit and stay warm at the same time. I wear jean jackets, trench coats, rain coats, and even some leather!
- Prints and florals: Often times I like to wear floral print when it is spring. It reminds me of flowers blooming and beautiful weather approaching. Did I also mention that it is super cute! I like to add dark stripes with a bright skirt or mix prints. One way I mix prints is by matching wide stripes with skinny strips or polka dots with floral. Have fun with prints during this season!
- Mix hard and soft looks (masculine and feminine): Because it is not exactly summer yet and can get chilly anytime, I love mixing a comfy oversized sweater with a light breezy skirt or dress. You can also wear a heavy blazer with a flowy skirt or pants. This a great way to express that it is spring but maintain that hard warm look from winter.
- Short booties and dresses: Just because it is warm does not mean you need to put away your boots quite yet. Dresses or skirts with booties are so in and I love that style. One of my favorite looks is pairing a smock dress with a fitted ankle bootie!
I hope you enjoyed my tips and use them to make your transition a breeze! What is something you like to wear in the Spring? Please comment below!