I am not a huge coffee lover but I do enjoy them for other reasons. The shops in Chicago are so cute! The design is super modern and clean. The atmosphere makes you want to take a quick selfie. I also like tasting other drinks that is unique to the venue or ordering an iced latte and drenching it with sugar. Coffee shops make me feel relaxed. I remember last summer before I had Naomi I would visit the coffee shop in Hyde Park and read a book by myself. If you looked around people was either working or enjoying conversation with a nice hot cup of coffee.
Since I am not an expert on the tastiest coffees I decided to interview my brother-in-law Anthony Bolden to share his top 5 favorite coffee spots in Chicago and why! He is not from Chicago but just recently moved in the area and have gone on tons of coffee crawls! I hope you try them out and enjoy the suggestions he gives below:
1. Fairgrounds Craft Coffee and Tea – “I love Fairgrounds because of its amazing selections of coffee from all the great coffee roasters across the city. The beautiful ambience and asthetic is definitely a plus. Makes for a great place to take photos and get work done!”
2. Philz Coffee – “This place is pretty new to Chicago but everything I’ve tried is absolutely amazing. They specialized in making each cup of coffee from scratch. Their Mojito Mint Iced Coffee has been a major hit for me this summer.”
3. Scone City – “If you’re looking for a great breakfast snack this is your spot! Scone City has a huge selection of savory and sweet scones. They specifically serve Halfwit Coffee and I tend to go for a simple vanilla latte with their house made vanilla syrup. It’s also a pretty hip spot with cool art hanging on the walls.”
4. Sawada Coffee – “This place is just amazing. Its super chill and nestled in the heart of West Town right across the street from the Soho House. The coffee is amazing, especially the Matcha Latte! What also makes this place cool is that it also shares space with a BBQ restaurant.”
5. Collectivo Coffee (Damen Location) – “This location of the Collectivo chain just opened in Wicker Park a few months ago and has become my favorite place to and get work done. It has ample seating, both indoor and outdoor. Their Cold Brew Honey Almond Au Lait is just amazing along with all their other featured drinks. They also offer great food for lunch that is affordable and tasty!”