IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
God has blessed me with another year of life and I am eternally grateful. I found myself and I am completely content with who I’ve become. This does not mean that I have stopped growing and learning. I believe we all continue to grow in life but I can say that I am comfortable in my own skin and confident with the woman I have become.
WHAT HAVE I LEARNED IN 28 YEARS?
1. Count your blessings. I have been fortunate to have a career, own a home and married to a wonderful man. More often, I need to stop and say “Thank you” for my many blessing. There are times when I complain about my life but then I remember how blessed I am and I need to be grateful.
2. My family is my rock. As I get older, my relationship with my family grows stronger each day. I realized that I lean on my family more as I have gotten older. My siblings are my best friends and I never want to take them for granted.
3. Marriage takes work but it is a beautiful thing.
4. Life does not always go the way you plan- I am a serious planner but I finally realized that life would not always turn out the way you planned and that’s okay. I am slowly starting to go with the flow and be more flexible.
5. Keep negative people/ haters at a distant. I have friends who are positive and uplifting people who want the best for me so I know that when I win they win.
6. Stay away from the drama.
7. Be private I know this is a double standard since I am a blogger and I share sneak peeks of my life. I am not saying to be fake but I learned that there are aspects of my life that are best kept between my spouse and me.
8. Look for the Lemonade in life. This simply means that I learned to find the good in any situation that I am in. This is challenging to do all the time but a positive attitude makes any situation that I have been a little bit easier.
9. Keep a smile on my face. Pushing through life challenges with a smile is exactly who I am.
10. Go God’s way and he will direct your path.
I am only 28 but I have learned so many things about myself, life and being the best me. I know I have so much more to learn but until then I will continue to be unapologetically Nikki the Blogger!
The Birthday Girl ❤️