As a mother of a newborn you quickly learn what you need, and what you cannot live without. I researched items from many other mothers and bloggers of items I needed before Naomi was born. The 10 items I list below are things that I use on a daily basis! I hope this information helps other new moms! 🙂
- Footed pajamas: These pajamas are comfortable for babies. Naomi used these as a newborn and even more now that she is getting older. She is at the age where it is not safe to swaddle. Since it gets pretty cold in her room at nighttime, these pjs have become quite handy. The ones at Target zips from the bottom up which makes diaper time really accessible.
- Bibs: babies go through bibs like crazy. Naomi is eating pureed food and is at the stage of extreme drooling. Having a good durable bib is important. The Nuby bibs are cute and absorbent. What I love about the bib is the rubber that is on the end for teething.
- Hot water thermos: When I am out and about with the baby I don’t like giving her cold milk. I warm her water and place it in a thermos and it has been perfect. She gets a warm bottle without having to look for a stove!
- Muslin blankets: I use this blanket for multiple things; to swaddle Naomi as a newborn, a burp cloth, or to throw over someone’s clothes when they want to hold her. They are so soft, and light!
- Honest diapers: I love this brand, it is organic and very absorbent! The honest diapers are smaller but it is great for nighttime! It holds a ton of pee lol!
- Diaper Cream: Naomi has sensitive skin, during diaper changes, diaper cream is a must! The cream I have found that work the best for her is Desitin. They have a daily cream and a strong cream to tackle rashes. The other brand I like to use is Triple Paste. It is thick and really gets the job done! I use the SwipenSnap to apply the cream. It is a one hand applicator that makes diaper time mess free!
- Coconut oil- Naomi got a little cradlecap and this cleared it up right away, plus it smells amazing! I love this brand Parachute that I got at my cousins store! Her store’s name is called Frontline North! Purchase it online, it is great!!
- Lovie: Naomi does not like pacifiers! For comfort she use to fall asleep while nursing or on a bottle. When she started daycare I was concern that she did not have that comfort to get her to sleep. Her daycare provider gave her a Lovie and has not needed to nurse for comfort! She holds her Lovie and falls right to sleep.
- Aquaphor: When Naomi had her newborn skin, she had small bumps on her cheeks. When I put the Aquaphor on her face, it immediately went away. Aquaphor is a good moisturizer for any part of the body. It especially helps during the harsh winter.
- Frida-When your child gets their first cold this tool is the best! You are basically blowing your child’s nose for them. I know that sounds gross but it is a big relief when you can hear them breathing better. Trust me, this is a must!